Monday Night Football- Texans vs Jets Preview
After some fantastic games yesterday, Week 5 comes to a close tonight with an exciting AFC clash between the Houston Texans and the New York Jets.
The game will be live on ESPN in America and on the BBC Red Button in Ireland.
So without further ado, here is a full preview of Week 5 Monday Night Football.
Houston Texans at New York Jets
Stadium– MetLife Stadium
Kickoff- 8:30 p.m. in New Jersey/ 1:30 a.m. Irish Time
What to Watch
Jets Passing Game vs Texans Defense
- The Jets passing game is yet to show any promise on offense so far this season with Santonio Holmes being the only wideout with over 200 receiving yards through four games. Some have blamed the infamous Tim Tebow but whatever the reason is, the Jets passing game must turn things around and fast.
- As for the improving Texans defense, they are currently the second best in the NFL in passing yards allowed. J.J. Watt will definitely be a key factor for the Texans tonight.
Texans Running Game vs Jets Front Seven
- The Texans running game boasts arguably the best tandem in football with Arian Foster and Ben Tate. Both have made fast starts to the new season and will look to continue that against the Jets defense.
- If the Jets are going to stand any chance of pulling off the upset, their front seven must step up. They are giving up over 170 yards per game on the ground this year and that simply cannot happen if they are to win tonight.
Texans Wide Receivers vs Jets Cornerbacks
- Now in his eleventh season, Andre Johnson is still putting up All-Pro numbers and will cause matchup problems for the Jets secondary. With Darrelle Revis on injuried reserve, Antonio Cromartie will likely be given the task of stopping the former Miami Hurricane.
- Away from Johnson, the Texans will count on veteran Kevin Walter to support Matt Schaub. Also keep an eye on tight end Owen Daniels and running back Arian Foster in the Texans passing game.
Who to Watch
Arian Foster- Running Back- Texans
- Arian Foster has 39 total touchdowns in his last 33 regular season games and is every fantasy football owners favorite player. A dangerous weapon on the ground and through the air, look for Foster to be a threat carrying the load and making plays in the passing game tonight.
- So who do the Jets have on defense that can stop Foster? Well the player given this task will likely be middle linebacker David Harris whose production could prove vital tonight.
Andre Johnson- Wide Receiver- Texans
- As I mentioned earlier, Andre Johnson is still one of the best in the business when it comes to elite wide receivers. On pace for another 1,000 yard season, Johnson will be a key contributor for the Texans offense tonight.
- Antonio Cromartie should see plenty of snaps lined up opposite Johnson tonight. It’s time for Cromartie to stop talking about replacing Darrelle Revis and prove himself again as a number 1 cornerback.
Tim Tebow- Quarterback- Jets
- How can a backup quarterback be a key player to watch? When your name is Tim Tebow and you can play quarterback/h-back/receiver and punt protector then your always going to be a potential key factor to watch.
- After completing his first pass in a Jets uniform last week, look for Tebow’s role to be increased again. Whether passing or running, I expect Tebow to be a key player tonight.
This game should be a high scoring battle as both defenses are prone to the occasional large margin of points allowed.
Although some my recent picks haven’t gone according to plan, I’m still going to go out on a limb and pick a Jets upset win.
Texans 28 Jets 31
So that’s your preview and prediction, hope everyone enjoys tonight’s game.