Monday Night Football- Bears vs 49ers Preview
After some great games yesterday, Week 11 comes to a close tonight with an exciting NFC clash between the Chicago Bears and the San Francisco 49ers.
The game will be live on ESPN in America and on the BBC Red Button in Ireland.
Now without further ado, here is a full preview of Monday Night Football Week 11.
Chicago Bears at San Francisco 49ers
Stadium– Candlestick Park
Kick Off- 5:30 p.m. in San Francisco/1:30 a.m. in Ireland
What to Watch
- Consussions apear to have become a common problem in the modern game and that is the case for both of these teams at the quarterback position. With both Jay Cutler and Alex Smith doubtful for the game, both teams will be relying on their backup quarterbacks.
- The Bears will be counting on veteran Jason Campbell whilst the 49ers will look to second-year player Colin Kaepernick. It will be interesting to see how these two perform tonight.
- For fans of old skool defensive football, this will certainly be a must see game. With both defenses ranked in the top 10 in the league, expect to see a low scoring physical game tonight.
- With so many standout players on both sides to choose from- Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith, Biran Ulracher and Julius Peppers just to name a few, points should come at a premium tonight. For a backup quarterback, things don’t come much tougher than this.
Who to Watch
Brandon Marshall- Wide Receiver- Bears
- Brandon Marshall will need to be at his best for the Bears offense tonight in the absence of Jay Cutler.
- Projected Stats: 8 Catches for 69 Yards and 1 Touchdown
Julius Peppers- Defensive End- Bears
- Peppers will be a key player for the Bears defense as they look to contain the elusive Colin Kaepernick.
- Projected Stats: 4 Tackles with 2 Sacks and 1 Forced Fumble
Frank Gore- Running Back- 49ers
- He will be tasked with leading the 49ers offense once again and will surely see 20+ carries.
- Projected Stats: 22 Carries for 110 Yards and 1 Touchdown
Aldon Smith- Outside Linebacker- 49ers
- #99 will set out to dominate as he goes in search of reaching double digit sacks for the year.
- Projected Stats: 8 Tackles with 1 Sack
This game should be a low scoring battle as both teams face injury concerns at the quarterback position and so will look to lean on their respective defenses.
After their surprising tie against the St.Louis Rams last week, I think the 49ers will bounce back this week and get the win vs the Bears.
Bears 10 49ers 20
So that’s your preview and prediction, hope everyone enjoys the game.